Birding Festival of the Keys
SEPT. 27-30, 2018
Mostly 2017 Festival information below & in links. Expect something similar in 2018 - Coming soon.
MARATHON, FL. HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
BIRD & EXPLORE AN UNIQUE ENVIRONMENT
Fall migration is THE time to be in the Florida Keys. Hawks are streaming south, migrating songbirds are filling the trees and Keys specialties can be found.
Full day field trips, birding trips, species workshops, lectures, keynotes, boat, kayak and pelagic trips will fill your days.
Gain advanced skills and life birds to your list. Join Florida's TOP GUIDES and BIOLOGISTS in this exciting weekend of birding, learning and fun.
- Marathon Hump Pelagic Trip
- Pelagic Adventures Personal Pelagic Birding (2)
- Pigeon Key & Boot Key Hawk Roosting Fly In & Sunset Happy Hour (2)
- Florida Bay Birding & Ecotour
- Rachel Key Kayak & Paddleboard Sunset Tour (2)
- Dry Tortugas Pelagic Trip
ALL DAY VAN TRIPS
- North Keys Hot Spots-Curry Hammock, Long Key, Windley Key, Dagney Johnson, Anne's beach, shorebird beach & more.
- Lower Keys Hot Spots-Bahia Honda, Key West Botanical Gardens, Indigenous Park, Ft. Zachary Taylor, shorebird beach
- David's Choice - Finding the Best Birds
- Warblers & Songbird Search
- Florida Keys Specialties Search - White crowned Pigeon & Magnificent Frigatebird
- Beach Birds-Shorebirds, Gulls & Terns
- Hawks Galore Raptor Search & Hawk Watch
- Florida Keys Specialties Search - Great White Heron and Reddish Egret
- Long Key State Park Birding
- Birding by Behavior and Habitat
- Curry Hammock State Park Birding & Hawk Watch
- Antillean Nighthawk Search
WORKSHOPS - CRANE NATURE CENTER
- Birding by Season
- Warblers Made Easier
- Hawks Galore-Raptor ID.
- Beach Birds-Gulls, Terns & Shorebirds
- Florida Keys Specialties-White crowned Pigeon and Magnificent Frigatebird
- Florida Keys Specialties-Great White Heron and Reddish Egret
- Birding by Behavior & Habitat
- Dr. Ken Meyers - The year-round biology of the Swallow-tailed Kite: A hemisphere of conservation challenges and opportunities, Avian Research and Conservation Institute
- Paddy Cunningham - Lifer for Less, A Busy Mom's Guide to a Big Year, Birding Adventures
- David Simpson - What can ebird do for You?
- Opening Reception tropical dinner & Keynote Speaker