BIRDING FESTIVAL OF THE KEYS HAS BEEN CANCELED
Marathon has been devastated and our hearts and prayers go out to them.
Although I knew a hurricane one day would effect the festival, I never thought it would be in the first year. Despite the misery and sorrow of all the human dwellers, I can't also but think about the birds who will be heading south.
I would like to thank all those who volunteered to be involved with the festival. David Simpson, Gina & Adam Kent, Dr. Ken Meyer, Dr. Jerry Lorenz, Peter Frezza, Roberto "Toe" Torres and Volunteer Coordinators David and Jana Lagan. It will be a difficult recovery, but the Keys and it's people are a defiant lot.
The festival will also rise again next year
of the Keys
SEPT. 21-25, 2017
MARATHON, FL. HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
Fall migration is THE time to be in the Florida Keys. Hawks are streaming south, migrating songbirds are filling the trees and Keys specialties can be found. Full day field trips, birding trips, species workshops, lectures, keynotes, boat, kayak and pelagic trips will fill your days. Gain advanced skills and life birds to your list. Join Florida's TOP GUIDES and BIOLOGISTS in this exciting weekend of birding, learning and fun.
BIRD & EXPLORE AN UNIQUE ENVIRONMENT
ALL DAY VAN TRIPS
- North Keys Hot Spots-Curry Hammock, Long Key, Windley Key, Dagney Johnson, Anne's beach, shorebird beach & more.
- Lower Keys Hot Spots-Bahia Honda, Key West Botanical Gardens, Indigenous Park, Ft. Zachary Taylor, shorebird beach
- Everglades National Park-Lucky Hammock, Anhinga Trail, Long Key, Paurotis Pond, Research Road, Flamingo & more
- South Dade Exotics-Baptist Hospital, Cutler Wetlands, Blackpoint, Castellow Hammock, Parrot roosts & more
WORKSHOP FIELD TRIPS-lecture class & hike
- Hawks Galore-Raptor Identification-Curry Hammock Hawk Watch and many more with Paddy Cunningham
- Warblers made Easier-Crane Nature Center, Long Key
- Shorebirds-shorebird beach, Long Key, Anne's beach
- Keys Specialties-Magnificent Frigatebird, White-crowned Pigeon, Reddish Egret, Great-White Heron & Swallow-tailed Kite with Gina Kent & Dr. Ken Meyers
Birding & Nature Hikes
- Bahia Honda SP, Long Key SP, Crane Nature Center, Dagney Johnson Botanical Site & more
Evening Programs & Opening Reception
BOAT TRIPS PELAGIC
- Dry Tortugas
- Pelagic Adventures
- Boot Key Hawk Roost
- Wading Birds Fly-in
South Florida Birding Festivals
Holiday Inn - (305) 289-0222
Group ** Birding Adventures